Friday 17 January 2014

Friday Cover Up - Peru's Passengers Serve Up More Than This


I've just arrived back in Brisbane, and after watching the first seasons of the Wrong Mans and Bates Motel, as well as a Cantonese action film (Drug War), Insidious 2, Wreck It Ralph and Elysium, and listening to The Velvet Underground and reading In Cold Blood, I'm still awake, and need to be in order to ensure jetlag doesn't come to bite me in the arse. So before I head out to throw myself into the closest body of cold water, I thought Id throw some light on this cover of Roxy Music's iconic '82 hit, 'More Than This'. I have bought a Roxy Music record this trip just gone, so to hear Passenger Peru put this lysergic, guitar/synth drawl mix on the classic pop ballad is ballsy, and pays off massively. I can't wait to hear more from these guys, that's for sure - which wont take long, because the debut self-titled album is out January 28 on Fleeting Youth Records.

No comments:

Post a Comment