Thursday 6 September 2012

Atheist Doom In The Heart Of Louisiana...And Vietnam


I can't really confess to being an Eyehategod fan before this week. In fact I can't confess to even listening to them at all before this week. However I can cross both those worrying omissions out of my bucket list, because A389 Records sent me the Louisiana outlaws' new 7", brilliantly titled New Orleans Is The New Vietnam. I have been loving rock on the brutal side lately, and this metes out the justice with blunt, sludgy precision. The fact that these guys are heading to Australia to play the CherryFest festival alongside Omar Rodriguez-Lopez (At The Drive In/Mars Volta/a multitude of other weird shit) in Melbourne this November is now something I really want to be a part of.


You can grab the 7" (in green vinyl) here.


No comments:

Post a Comment