Wednesday 26 May 2010

Letting Mogwai Out of the Box


Mogwai are my favourite band hands down, so I am wetting myself as they are set to release their first ever live CD(Special Moves)/DVD (Burning) with a showing of the film at the Scala next Thursday, April 4th. This is huge. What is even huger is that accompanying the film - which features footage from the band's three-night residency Brooklyn’s Music Hall of Williamsburg in April 2009 - are DJ sets by members of Fuck Buttons and Errors, and a live set from Scots Remember Remember! All for a tenner! Hells yeah!

Some might be shaking their heads here, as Government Commissions was also a live album. However they were BBC sessions, whereas Special Moves has been recorded specifically with release in mind. Expect some absolute gems that chart the band's entire career - 'Like Herod' to 'I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead'. Start salivating...now.

I posted the trailer a while back for Burning; here's a track from Special Moves, the seminal 'New Paths To Helicon Pt. 1'.

Mogwai - New Paths To Helicon Pt. 1 (live)

No comments:

Post a Comment