Monday 26 April 2010

Male Bonding and not so Dum Dum embossing with extra bleed

Oh Sub Pop, how you know how to give me kicks! Give me a limited 7" release split with two of my favorite new bands and then leave me smitten with your oh-so-tasty screen printed (or made to look screen printed) artwork with embossed inner sleeve. Sub Pop and their Dum Dum Girls and Male Bonding split 7" romped away with the coolest Record Store Day sleeve artwork, in my book at least.

Ok, so working in the design profession means that I'm a sucker for a sexy record sleeve - I'm the biggest geek when it comes to print finishes. But it only ever works if coupled with some cracking tunes and this little 7" of wax really hit the spot. Taste... then buy both their albums.

Dum Dum Girls - Pay For Me
Male Bonding - Before It's Gone

No comments:

Post a Comment